The course aims to continue the technical and artistic tradition of mosaic by analyzing the technical aspects and possible types of applications.
It puts into practice the preparation of materials: underlay and preparation of the binder, the study sketch or “cardboard”, cutting and laying of tiles.
Students have the opportunity to create small works of study during the practical lessons of the laboratory.
The purpose of the course is to provide participants with the basics of the art of mosaic through direct experience (with the execution of the work to be carried out in the laboratory).
- Introduction and understanding of the course topic;
- Preparation of the sketches to be realized in mosaic and transfer on support;
- Preparation and application of the binder;
- Preparation and cutting of polychrome marble and glass paste tesserae;
- Realization and direct laying of the project (sketch).
72 hours (2-week course, Monday through Friday).
All materials needed for the course will be made available by the school.
The registration price includes the cost of materials.
Students maintain ownership of the works they create.
Contact us to learn more:
Are you interested in our course? Contact us to receive upcoming dates, times and detailed schedule.
tel: (+39) 055 8311077